The New Zealand government is adding 32 new health sector roles to the Green List, making them eligible for the Straight to Residence pathway from 29th May 2023. These critical and nationally important roles cover various specializations within the health system, as well as roles in social services, education, and the justice sector that support the delivery of health services.
List of new health roles added to the Green List:
- Addiction practitioner/alcohol & drug clinician
- Clinical dental technician
- Clinical physiologists (sleep, renal, exercise, respiratory, neurology, and cardiac)
- Dental specialists
- Dental technician
- Dental therapist
- Dispensing optician
- Drug and alcohol counsellor
- Enrolled nurse
- Genetic counsellor
- Medical laboratory pre-analytical technician
- Medical resonance imaging technologist
- Nuclear medicine technologist
- Nurse practitioner
- Oral health therapist
- Orthotic and prosthetic technician
- Paramedic/emergency medical technician
- Perfusionist (cardiac)
- Play therapist (hospital)
- Social worker
- Speech language therapist
- Sterile processing technician
Existing Green List roles that will be moving to the Straight to Residence Pathway:
- Anaesthetic Technician
- Medical imaging technologist
- Medical laboratory technician
- Medical radiation therapist
- Occupational therapist.
If you meet the eligibility criteria, you will be able to apply for the Straight to Residence visa from 29 May 2023. To qualify for this visa, you must meet the requirements for your occupation as shown in the Green List.
If you have already applied for a 2021 Resident Visa, you should continue with that application, as processing is close to completion.
Or check out the original New Zealand Green List.