Update on the new Accredited Employer Work Visa that is being introduced to replace the Essential Skills Work Visa.
What is changing?
- The new Accredited Employer Work Visa will be introduced on 1st November 2021
- The new work visa will replace the following, existing work visas:
- Essential Skills Work Visa
- Essential Skills Work Visa – approved in principle
- Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa
- Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Visa
- Silver Fern Job Search Visa
- Silver Fern Practical Experience Visa
- Employers must be accredited to employ a migrant. Companies with 1 to 5 migrant workers at any one time will require Standard Accreditation. Companies with 6 or more migrant workers at any one time will require High Volume Accreditation.
- The visa application process in in 3 parts:
- The Employer Check (the accreditation process)
- The Job Check
- The Migrant Worker Check
- The new visa process is led by the employer offering the job. Your potential employer must complete the employer accreditation and job check before you apply for a work visa.
What are the timescales?
- From late September 2021, employers will be able to start applying for accreditation
- Applications for the 6 existing work visas that are being replaced will close on 31st October 2021
- Applications for the new Accredited Employer Work Visa can be made from 1st November 2021
We will keep updating our News Section as more details become available.
Any questions? Feel free to get in touch.